Some 40 trade union leaders and activists from Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Ukraine, Finland, IUF, IMF shared their experience on Special Economic Zones in global perspective, activities of MNC’s in the Baltic Sea region, trade union strategy on SEZ and further steps on development of social dialogue in the region.
Conference participants made the recommendation to intensify cooperation in the BASTUN framework and have closer coordination of our international support, in particular:
1. To collect data on SEZ and workers situation in the CEE region.
2. To initiate pilot TU organising program in Sovetsk district of Kaliningrad region.
3. To strenghten Kaliningrad TU participation in Baltic Sea regional TU structure.(BASTUN)
4. To make a real focus on organising (from words to the actions).
5. To fill the gap on basic education on TU rights in MNC’s.